The WYCC Higher Performing Workplaces contract delivers packages of skills support to grow internal talent in SMEs.
Higher Performing Workplaces (HPW) will address the skills and productivity issues of employees in in sectors presenting the greatest opportunities for economic growth in Leeds City Region.
Higher Performing Workplaces aims to:
- Improve staff motivation, leadership, communication and teamwork;
- Increase staff retention;
- Enhance employee involvement and commitment to the company; and
- Ensure higher levels of financial performance by SME employers enhance and enable business strategy and operational planning to achieve growth.
Higher Performing Workplaces is managed by the West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges and funded by the European Social Fund (ESF).
About the West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges (WYCC)
WYCC’s vision is to seek funding, influence, support leadership and collaborate with businesses.
Working with the colleges and other partners, WYCC has secured over millions from the European Social Fund (ESF) to:
- provide new training and skills for those in low paid, low skilled work,
- help more people into higher level training,
- increase collaboration between businesses and training providers to improve the skills of the workforce.